Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Monday 14 March 2011

Buttered cucumber recipe.

If you grow your own vegetables, such as cucumbers you will know that sometimes they can get away from you. I don't mean that they run away to join a circus or anything like that, just that sometimes if you don't pick them quickly enough they can get a little too big and tough to eat in a salad. I have also found cucumbers on sale cheap because they are too big or an odd shape. This recipe for buttered cucumber is a great way to use up all those poor sad specimens.

INGREDIENTS.
2 Large cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks.
3oz butter, or vegan spread.
Salt and pepper to taste.
3tbs lemon juice.
1 small bunch fresh parsley chopped.

METHOD.
Place the cucumber into a large pan of boiling water and cook for two minutes. Drain over a bowl. Heat the butter in a large frying pan or wok, add the salt and pepper and then toss in the drained cucumber chunks. Cook for five minutes, stirring regularly until the cucumber has browned. Add the lemon juice and cook for a further one minute, serve garnished with the parsley. This makes a great side dish or an unusual vegetable for a main meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment