Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Thursday 16 December 2010

Top Tip.

When using avocados in a recipe , always use a stainless steel knife to cut them. This will stop the avocados from discolouring and give you time to prepare your recipe. A little citrus juice rubbed into the cut surface works well too, if you leave the stone in one side that will prevent that side from turning colour too.

To ensure that you have a ripe avocado gently press the rounded end of the pear, if it yields slightly then it's ripe. Don't buy any of the fruits that have blotchy or dry skins and reject any that feel too soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment