Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Tuesday 7 December 2010

Soup, glorious soup!

Nothing tastes better than a nice big bowl of steaming hot soup and few things could be easier to cook. Two of my favourite soups are stilton and brocoli and leek and potato. Both have the same basic start, fry half of a finely diced onion in a little olive oil or butter until it is softened but not browned. Add about two pints of liquid, this can be vegetable stock, water, milk or any combination of the three depending on what you have to hand. Add salt and pepper to taste. For leek and potato soup fry two sliced leeks with the onion and add four or five large potaotes to the liquid, bring to the boil and cook for about thirty minutes, remove from the heat and liquidise. For the stilton and broccoli soup add a head of broccoli to the liquid and cook for twenty minutes then crumble in some stilton and cook for another ten minutes then liquidise.

No comments:

Post a Comment