Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Sunday 5 December 2010

In a Christmas mood.

Having just come home after spending a very pleasant few days in Stratford on Avon I am in a Christmas mood. Stratford is a beautiful place at any time of year but with snow still glistening on the thatched roofs,the water in the lock frozen solid and the abundance of Christmas trees and festive decorations it was picture postcard perfect. So in honour of the fast approaching holiday I am going to start posting some Christmas recipies.

Brandy butter recipe.

8 oz softened unsalted butter.
6 0z light brown (muscovado) sugar.
4 fl oz brandy.


Method.


Place the room temperature butter into a large bowl and whisk with an electric beater until it is light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar a little at a time whisking continually, then drizzle in the brandy. Keep whisking until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If the mixture starts to separate simply add a little more sugar. This brandy butter will keep for a week in the fridge but remember to take it out an hour before you want to use it. You can make a vegan version of this by using vegan spread, but I won't lie to you it really doesn't taste the same. You can improve it a little by adding a small amount of cinnamon to the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment