Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Monday 13 December 2010

How to make nut brittle.

This is another one of those simple little recipes that tastes delicious and looks really impressive, this nut brittle goes great with a coffee after a meal, and they make wonderful presents too. Cut the nut brittle into small squares and put them in pretty petit four cases, before wrapping in some cellophane.

Roughly chop a selection of nuts, brazil, cashews, walnuts and if you want to make it really special some macadamia nuts. Spread the nuts out on a baking tray covered with some non stick baking paper. In a heavy based frying pan or skillet gently heat around 250g of fine white sugar. Don't stir the pan just gently swirl the sugar around until it caramelises. Pour over the nuts and leave to set. It really is that simple. Take care as the sugar gets very hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment