Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Monday 27 December 2010

Christmas leftovers.

I hope everyone had a very good Christmas, I know I did. The only trouble is I seriously over bought on food. I seem to have enough food left for another week! A good way to use up leftover cooked veg is to put the lot in a big saucepan and heat it up with some vegetable stock, milk or half and half and then blitz in the blender. Makes excellent soup. Or simply fry cut up veg and potatoes in a little olive oil until crisp on one side then turn over and cook until crisp on both sides. Serve this mixture with runny fried eggs for a quick and easy lunch or supper dish.

Leftover Christmas pudding can be warmed through in a frying pan and served with cream, custard or ice cream.

If you have any small cooked potatoes cut them into chunks and mix with mayonnaise and a little wholegrain mustard for a great tasting potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment