Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Wednesday 29 December 2010

Aloo gobi recipe.

Aloo gobi is a wonderful dish of Indian origin. It is slightly spicy, filling and healthy.

Ingredients for making Aloo gobi.

500g cooked boiled potatoes cut into small chunks, new potatoes are ideal for this dish.
1 red onion, finely sliced.
3 tomatoes cut into cubes.
600g cauliflower cut into florets.
1tbsp vegetable oil.
2tbsp mild curry powder.
80g frozen spinach.
2tbsp lemon juice.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method.
Heat the oil and the curry powder in a large pan or wok. Add the sliced red onion and the lemon juice and fry for five minutes until the onion has softened. Add the cubes of tomatoes and the cauliflower florets and stir well. Add a little water, cover the pan and cook the aloo gobi for fifteen minutes. Turn up the heat and add the cooked potato pieces and the spinach, cook for a further five minutes.Season to taste and serve with pitta bread or nan bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment