Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Sunday 21 November 2010

WALNUT DATE AND BANANA LOAF CAKE.


Walnut, date and banana loaf cake.
This is a wonderful loaf cake recipe for using up ripe bananas. In our house we like this cake still warm from the oven with a little honey drizzled over the top. It is just as nice cold and will keep well for days if stored in an airtight container.

Recipe.
180g unsalted butter.
210g self raising flour.
3 free range eggs.
90g caster sugar.
3 ripe bananas.
90g chopped dates.
50g chopped walnuts.
3tbsp honey.

Pre-heat the oven to 160c, grease and line a 10inch loaf tin with baking parchment.Put the flour,butter,sugar and eggs into a large bowl and beat until combined. Now stir in the dates, nuts and mash the bananas then add them too. Put this mixture into the loaf tin and bake for around 1 hour. The loaf cake is cooked when a skewer pushed into the middle comes out clean. Make a few holes in the top of the still hot cake and then pour over some honey and allow it to soak in. Allow the cake to cool slightly and then turn it upside down on a plate and remover the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment