Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Monday 29 November 2010

TOP TIP.

Fresh basil is a wonderful, fragrant herb that goes really well with tomatoes. It is quite a delicate herb, and as such can bruise very easily. Always tear rather than chop the leaves. Basil is best added at the end of cooking time as the flavour can be impaired if overcooked. For a very simple pasta sauce try adding cherry tomatoes and olive oil to cooked pasta and stir through over a gently heat until warmed through then add a few torn basil leaves. Sprinkle over some grated cheese for added taste, calcium and protein. Serve with a tossed green salad and crusty garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment