Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Saturday 27 November 2010

Leeks in orange and ginger sauce.

This is a wonderful little side dish that is fancy enough for Christams dinner.

Ingredients.

80g butter or vegan marg.
1 1/2 lbs sliced leeks.
Zest of one orange
1tsp chopped ginger.
salt and pepper to taste.
9fl oz fresh orange juice.
1 tsp cornflour.

Method.

Melt the butter in a heavy based pan and saute the sliced leeks for ten minutes, season to taste and add the ginger. Sprinkle the cornflour over the leeks and cook for another minute or two,add the orange zest and most of the orange juice. Bring back up to simmering and cook for two minutes. Add the remainung orange zest and the rest of the juice just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment