Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Tuesday 16 November 2010

How to make vegan satay sauce.

Satay sauce is a wonderful tasting sauce that can be used to spice up vegan meals. Try dry frying some cubes of tofu then threading them onto satay sticks before covering them in this satay sauce and warming them in the oven, serve hot and provide additional satay sauce in bowls for dipping. Goes great with some boiled rice or in pita bread with shreded iceberg lettuce, remember to take the stick out first, of course.

SATAY SAUCE.
1 cup of white onion finely chopped.
2 tbsp sesame oil.
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice.
2 tbsp maple syrup.
4 crushed cloves of garlic.
6 tbsp rich dark soy sauce.
1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter.
1/2 cup vegetable stock.
1/2 cup of vegetable oil.

Fry the onions and garlic in the sesame oil until softened and slightly golden in colour. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz in a food blender until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment