Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Wednesday 24 November 2010

How to make mushroom and chickpea curry.

This is a tasty little recipe that takes less than twenty minutes to cook, it's great for supper served with rice or some warm pitta or nan bread.

Ingredients.
1 large chopped onion.
2 crushed garlic cloves.
1 tin chickpeas, drained.
1lb of sliced mushrooms.
1 small tin chopped tomatoes.
vegetable oil for frying.
2tsp curry powder, whichever you prefer.
salt and pepper to taste.
1 small red chilli, sliced.
A few coriander leaves to garnish, optional.

Method.

In a deep frying pan or wok fry the onion in the oil until soft, add the tomatoes, garlic and curry powder and cook for another two minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and a little water, season to taste, cover and simmer until the mushrooms are cooked. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment